Friday, October 24, 2008

RaNae

I want everyone to know what a sweet, caring person my wife RaNae is. During the 53 years we have been married, she has always put her family first. We have three great sons who owe their position in life to a mother who was dedicated to availing their every need while growing to manhood. My chosen career took me away from home much of the time but when I came home, she would always bring me up to date as to the family progress. I missed being with my family and we made up for it by seeing that our boys had every opportunity to participate in school events, sports, scouting and being involved in current events when it improved them as well as making religion a major event in their lives. Largely because of her, all three boys are Eagle Scouts and filled honorable missions. It was her influence that accomplished this. I had some influence on their growing up but it was their mother who was and is always there for t hem. During my thirty first year of life, I contracted life threatening health problems that are still with me today. RaNae has stood by me during surgical operations and at times nursed me back to health. Her concern for my well being is evident in that she is always reminding me to take my medications, reminding me of doctor appointments and things we have planned. RaNae graduated from BYU before we were married. During our marriage, she has worked most of the time except when on maternity leave. She retired in the late 90’s but when it became evident that I could not work anymore, she again went to work for a company as Office Manager. I recently received an e-mail about motherhood that I’d like to insert here:

Mommy to Mom to Mother

MOTHERS

Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in
the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask "Why me?" and get their answer when
a little voice says, "Because I love you best."

Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by
height or years or grade...It is marked by the progression of Mommy to
Mom to Mother...

The Images of Mother
4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it.

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom' s opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she’ll wear, the
figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair ...
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway
to her heart, the place where love resides ...
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul ...
It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that
she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows
This e-mail is so typical of the way our sons have related to their mother. As I read it I can see the stages of their lives as it says and remember each as they made the transition from “Mommy to Mom to Mother.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn: I enjoyed this blog article as I have all the others. It is interesting that RaNae graduated from college before you and she were married.

You are both to be commended about the accomplshments of your 3 sons. It is great to know they all served missions and became Eagle Scouts. Are you working on your grandsons to accomplish these same things in their lives?

RaNae has been a workhorse in being an employed wife and mother these many years of your marriage. She has to be special to have this on her resume.

Blessings to you both,

Kent B.

Sandi said...

Uncle Lynn, I hope Auntie RaNae got to read this. It's something women need to hear a lot. Good job.