Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More New Year ''51

During the maple syrup episode of my last post, my companion and I did a little exploring around the area we were at. We found an old deserted loggers cabin and rummaged around in it. There were old dishes, household items, etc. I found an old straight razor along with a shaving mug and brush. I took it with me. The next week I took the razor to our local barber and asked if he could sharpen and restore the razor. He did and the next morning I proceeded to shave with it. I had never used a straight razor before. As I lathered up my face, my companion came into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub. In his hands he had a vial of consecrated oil and a towel and bandages in case I cut my throat. We botn got a laugh out of it. However, I did shave without cutting myself. Next day I used my electric razor as I didn't trust my luck with the straight razor.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Now, that's funny. You are a nut.

Anonymous said...

Lynn: Good for you for adding this to your blog. It is a fascinating story.

Kent B.